Lee texted at 3 am telling me the flight was delayed 2 hours so I reset the alarms and attempted more sleep. I got to eat one more lovely hotel breakfast and see the sun come up outside my window.
Beau came with us to the airport to get us up to security. He made sure we noticed the big ticker board at the entrance that has departing flights and trains. It is one of the only ones left and we got to see it move a couple of times. That’s pretty cool. Everywhere else the boards are digital.
I cried telling Beau bye. Jack and I got to the gate with no issues other than border control could not read my fingerprints again, and security pulled me for cough medicine and made Jack take off his Doc Martens. The flight was probably the best long one I’ve ever had. Right by the bathroom, no squalling kids, my butt didn’t hurt and I even snoozed a little. Food was crap but you can’t have everything.
Jack had to pull off his shoes again in Chicago but my cough syrup got right through. Got to ride the little train from terminal 6 to terminal 2. We ate at Chilis to kill time as it was right by our gate.
And then a quick easy flight to Lexington! And Home!


No comments:
Post a Comment