Day 6, August 3, 2026
Today was travel to Ireland Day. I’m not feeling too chipper so I was pretty much a drag on the boys all day. Frankfort airport is so big they recently completed a third terminal, and that’s where we got on an AerLingus flight. It’s hard to follow the signage, so it took awhile to find customs, then security, then customs, fly over (I think I slept most oft the flight but I saw Ireland from the air and it is beautiful), then go through customs, wait on our baggage, figure out where taxis are, and such. But we finally got to the Ashling Hotel, which is like a real hotel with guys that open doors for you and flowers everywhere. Posh towels, and plugs in the sink, and a bath mat for the tub. We unloaded and went out to find a tram to go downtown and try to find the places we are to meet for our tours the next few days. Beau is a bar afficianado and Temple Bar area did him in. We ate at the Old Mill Restaurant there, where Jack had fish and chips and I had Guinness Stew - it was so good. But after that I was so wrecked, so I posted Gary what should I buy for my ailments and he responded. We went to a pharmacy (where those people are my new best friends) and loaded up with dope and came back to the room. I’m not sure if the boys went back out or not as it wasn’t all that late, but at that point I didn’t care. We never did get to those places so the boys will have to find them on their own tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment