Wednesday, February 26, 2025

Day 3 - February 26, 2025

It’s hard to pick my favorite picture of today! Since it was a rainy day, we decided to do the British Museum and the British Library before our show tonight. Lots of other people thought the museum was a good idea too, so we stood in line for a bit to go through security check. This museum is seriously cool. Free! Lots of mummies, Greek statutes, stuff that England stole from the Parthenon in Greece, and artifacts from Bible times in Mesopotamia, Ur, Ninevah, and Assyria. Since we’ve been studying Leviticus, that was also very cool.  We ate a little lunch there, and ended up spending 5 hours. Didn’t even see African or Asian exhibits. At the library, we got to see the Magna Carta! And some really old Bibles, letters from royalty like Henry VIII and Bloody Mary, and of course I found a book at the bookstore. We ate at Mother Mash, one of G’s favorites that has British comfort food. Then off to see Oliver! And. It. Was. Fabulous. The fellow playing Fagan put me in the mind of Tevyah on Fiddler on the Roof and he pulled off the part flawlessly.  So happy to have this chance to see these thins I’ve read and heard about all my life, but I am so tired!



This is a picture from the Ninevah collection at the British Museum. I especially thought of Phil and his man purse when I saw this eagle-headed fellow. And there were a lot more of them, so it must have been a thing. Maybe that’s why Jonah didn’t want to preach to them - he had a thing against man purses!!

No comments: