This morning still incredibly tired, but at Farmer's Market, my bean man, Chuck Davis (who also teaches math at Whitley County), had BEAUTIFUL blue lake green beans, so we bought 2 bushels. The Gibson Green Bean Factory worked feverishly to can these beauties. I had a splendid accomplice (see below). So now I am out of jars until some family people bring some back (hint, hint).
I stopped long enough to grill some portobello and make a ham sandwich out of that for lunch. But by 4:30 (beans all snapped) we were bushed (bush beans, ha, ha) and decided to break our diet to go to Pizza Spot for pizza. Kind of sad to get almost to the end and then chuck it. Although, to be fair, soy is not our cup of tea and we don't plan to eat it if we can help it. So I will push on to Cycle 3 and talk more about that in the next few days. We really enjoyed our pizza, but in retrospect, it wasn't nearly as good as I imagined it being (after the fact).
So, late night getting the beans finished up, and here's the result.
I stopped long enough to grill some portobello and make a ham sandwich out of that for lunch. But by 4:30 (beans all snapped) we were bushed (bush beans, ha, ha) and decided to break our diet to go to Pizza Spot for pizza. Kind of sad to get almost to the end and then chuck it. Although, to be fair, soy is not our cup of tea and we don't plan to eat it if we can help it. So I will push on to Cycle 3 and talk more about that in the next few days. We really enjoyed our pizza, but in retrospect, it wasn't nearly as good as I imagined it being (after the fact).
So, late night getting the beans finished up, and here's the result.
| My valiant accomplice! | Two bushels of beans looks like this before. |
| Our Pizza Spot pizza (Jellico, TN) - the break between canning 4 and 5 of beans. | Picture number 1 - Two pictures because there were so many jars I was afraid the table wouldn't hold them. |
Picture number 2.
Grand total is 9 quarts and 59 pints. One broken jar. It is 1:29 a.m. I am falling-down-tired.





No comments:
Post a Comment