Sunday, February 16, 2014

Easiest Beef Roast

I was completely overwhelmed with the kindness and love from the folks at Mitchell Wesleyan Church in Mitchell, SD, when I was going through surgery and radiation for cancer. They brought me and Gary so much food we couldn't eat it all. This was my favorite and one I've made using the crock pot countless times since.
  1. Use a beef roast with as little fat connective tissue as possible. (A rolled roast is the very best, but I usually settle for less). 
  2. Put in a crock pot—no preparation other than to unwrap the roast.
    Spread roast with contents of 1 can of chopped green chiles ( 1 can for a smaller roast, 2 cans for a larger roast). 
  3. Remove meat from cooker to a large cake pan, etc. 
  4. With 2 forks shred the meat, as you go, remove any fat, and salt to taste. That’s it!
    I put the juice in the fridge and later remove the congealed fat and make gravy.
My church-organ-playing friend, Lolly Thomas, Forrestburg, SD

No comments: