Mom's banana bread recipe
Oven 350 for 35 min or so
2 eggs, separated
1 1/3 c sugar (I didn't use this much)
2 cups for 1/4 c flour (I used 2 cups)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt (I used about half)
1 tsp soda
1/3 c oil
1 cup mashed bananas
2/3 cup buttermilk (I used vinegar in almond milk; added water if need)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup nuts
Beat egg whites til frothy. Beat in 1/3 of sugar until stiff. Sift remaining sugar, flour and other dry ingredients into another bowl. Add oil, bananas, half of milk and flavoring. Beat 1 min. Add remaining milk and egg yolks and beat another min. Fold in egg whites, and nuts gently. Bake. Cool. Frost with caramel frosting.
Oven 350 for 35 min or so
2 eggs, separated
1 1/3 c sugar (I didn't use this much)
2 cups for 1/4 c flour (I used 2 cups)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt (I used about half)
1 tsp soda
1/3 c oil
1 cup mashed bananas
2/3 cup buttermilk (I used vinegar in almond milk; added water if need)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup nuts
Beat egg whites til frothy. Beat in 1/3 of sugar until stiff. Sift remaining sugar, flour and other dry ingredients into another bowl. Add oil, bananas, half of milk and flavoring. Beat 1 min. Add remaining milk and egg yolks and beat another min. Fold in egg whites, and nuts gently. Bake. Cool. Frost with caramel frosting.
Aunt Dot and Mom, around 1973.

No comments:
Post a Comment