For Instant Pot (around an hour to prepare)
1 c Jasmine rice
1 c broth or water
Set to Saute, add 1 tsp oil. When hot, dump in rice and broth. Set to Pressure 6 minutes, natural release.
Remove rice to a dish and cover to keep warm. Using same pot, make the slumgooey.
Set IP to Saute:
Add 1 T coconut oil. When hot, add
1 lb ground meat. When almost browned add
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 c minced onion
1/4 to 1/2 c chopped carrot. Add:
1 T ginger
1.5 T coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
a couple dashes Siracha sauce. Brown a little more.
Add 1/2 c broth or water. Give it a stir and add
1 can sliced up water chestnuts, give it a stir and add
Cabbage, chopped fine - whatever fits.
Set to Pressure Cook - 0
Quick release.

Serve over rice
Gary liked this and thought it was salty enough.
I am thinking since I used hamburger I should have drained the grease before I added the broth. Next time I will. This was good.
1 c Jasmine rice1 c broth or water
Set to Saute, add 1 tsp oil. When hot, dump in rice and broth. Set to Pressure 6 minutes, natural release.
Remove rice to a dish and cover to keep warm. Using same pot, make the slumgooey.
Set IP to Saute:
![]() |
| Quick Release! Towel-covered strainer. |
1 lb ground meat. When almost browned add
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 c minced onion
1/4 to 1/2 c chopped carrot. Add:
1 T ginger
1.5 T coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
a couple dashes Siracha sauce. Brown a little more.
Add 1/2 c broth or water. Give it a stir and add
1 can sliced up water chestnuts, give it a stir and add
Cabbage, chopped fine - whatever fits.
Set to Pressure Cook - 0
Quick release.

Serve over rice
Gary liked this and thought it was salty enough.
I am thinking since I used hamburger I should have drained the grease before I added the broth. Next time I will. This was good.

No comments:
Post a Comment