Friday, October 07, 2016

GF Oatmeal Cookies

From Yammies Noshery
The Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies Ever
Makes about 14 big cookies

1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup rolled oats

1 1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350ºF. 
Combine the butter and sugars and stir until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. 
Combine the oats, flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon and add to the wet ingredients mixing until well combined. Stir in the cherries and chocolate chips.  Place balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes (depending on size and desired doneness). I pressed some chopped dark chocolate pieces into the tops of each cookie right when they came out of the oven.

Read more at http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2015/01/the-best-gluten-free-oatmeal-cookies.html#SpIcS22CitYFiQfH.99


These were just ok.  I had to add another egg, and I didn't care for the combination of chocolate and cherries. Would have been much better with raisins and nuts.  I might give this one more try.

No comments: