Monday, May 02, 2016

Mayonnaise Bake

my mom came home from a tour of Alaska's coast years ago and i watched her slather mayo on a block of frozen fish, probably whiting. i asked her if she realized what she was doing because she was talking..... then i decided, "well, dear old mom is finally loosing it." But the mayo bubbled up and browned so nicely! and if you think of it, crab imperial is pretty much the same thing! seafood broiled in mayo with some other stuff. I would add smoked paprika. I just discovered smoked paprika!

New to the forum and reading old posts, I'm forever confounded by opposites. Re: baking with mayonnaise, I learned from a dalliance in Russian cuisine that a thin steak or pork chop, baked in the oven topped with mayonnaise and thinly sliced onion brings a caramelized goodness that I'd have never suspected.

No comments: