Monday, February 02, 2015

Favorite Deodorant



Mix, put in a little 1/2 pint glass jar and use! This stays nice and soft and rubs in well.

New Batch!
1 T soda
2 T arrowroot
2 pinches Bentonite Clay
scant 1 T coconut oil
I really like 7 drops Joy, 5 drops Lavendar, 7 drops Tea tree

Tea tree, En-er-gee, Peace and Calming, Frankinsence, Geranium (about 3-5 drops each)
Will report on how this works.
Yep, I like it.
Someone suggested spearmint and lemon, will try that next time.

One I will try soon from MamaZ: (I did not like this one)
Roll on deodorant
* Some good essential oil to use here are lemon, grapefruit, bergamot, vanillapeppermintthymetea treelavender, patchouli, frankincense, ylang ylang, and vetiver.

Lemon essential oil (all citruses, in fact) help with odor-producing bacteria. However, you may want to avoid using citrus only in this deodorant. Instead, also add myrrh, sandalwood, vetiver, frankincense, or any of the other heavier oils. These will add middle tones to the fragrance and carry the citrus oils a lot longer. If you’d like to tone the blend down, reduce the amount of citrus and increase the amount of lavender.

Mix and match these fragrances any way you’d lile. Grapefruit has cellulite reducing properties. Patchouli, vetiver, frankincense, and pine convey grounding benefits.

Lastly, keep in mind that certain citrus oils are photosensitizing and can cause your skin to burn or develop sunspots. For a list of photosensitizing oils click here.

No comments: