Breakfast: Oatmeal, nuts, berries
Lunch: Virgin Shake with blueberries
Dinner: Beef roast with chilis, fresh green beans and garlic, salad for Gary, oranges.

We woke up this morning, still alive and not hungry. After coffee, I fixed our three bear's breakfast. Then we took off to the farmer's market and C&P meats. Found a real deal on kale for $1, some elephant garlic that I will plant, and some blue lake green beans. So guess I'll can today!
We weighed this morning and Gary has already lost 7 pounds! He said not to get excited, it was water weight - but hey, weight is weight. That's almost a gallon!! I asked him if he felt better yet, and he said, "It's not that I feel good, it's just that I feel less bad," or something to the sort. So that's positive, right?
Green beans snapped up into 8 pints, some fresh for dinner, some fresh for later (in the frig) and a bag full for Stella and Paul. I worked up the kale as well into a kale chip recipe that is worthy of repeating here. Gary actually liked it and ate a bowlful of them. Pretty work intensive though, the two bunches were three ovens full. I have a bag full now for snacking this week.
What else? I also tried zucchini chips - BOMB. And that's what they looked like - little hand grenades. I hate I wasted a whole good zucchini on that.
Oh, I didn't have an immersion blender for making homemade mayo. I had tried twice yesterday in the Vitamix, first using flaxseed for the eggs and 2nd using Egg replace stuff. Bomb. I read that an immersion blender is a handy tool for making this stuff, so I posted a shout-out to my FaceBook peeps to see who would let me borrow one. Harold, our next door neighbor, had one, and brought it over. Bless him. Now, when I rest a bit, I may try again.
Ended the day with a short walk over to campus.
Here is the Kale Chip Recipe. When I do it again, I will probably bake it just a tad less long. This is from http://nourishingmeals.com
Lunch: Virgin Shake with blueberries
Dinner: Beef roast with chilis, fresh green beans and garlic, salad for Gary, oranges.

We woke up this morning, still alive and not hungry. After coffee, I fixed our three bear's breakfast. Then we took off to the farmer's market and C&P meats. Found a real deal on kale for $1, some elephant garlic that I will plant, and some blue lake green beans. So guess I'll can today!
We weighed this morning and Gary has already lost 7 pounds! He said not to get excited, it was water weight - but hey, weight is weight. That's almost a gallon!! I asked him if he felt better yet, and he said, "It's not that I feel good, it's just that I feel less bad," or something to the sort. So that's positive, right?
Green beans snapped up into 8 pints, some fresh for dinner, some fresh for later (in the frig) and a bag full for Stella and Paul. I worked up the kale as well into a kale chip recipe that is worthy of repeating here. Gary actually liked it and ate a bowlful of them. Pretty work intensive though, the two bunches were three ovens full. I have a bag full now for snacking this week.
| Eight pints of green beans! | Kale in the mix (see recipe below). |
| Kale getting ready to go in the oven - 250 deg. | Kale after approximately 40 minutes. |
| Our kale snackies for the week. | Yay! Our protein powder came in the mail today. So, we had a shake for lunch.The yellow zucchini is going to be dinner. |
| And, voila' - dinner.(Well, I promise I took a picture of this with my phone, but it ain't there.) It was lovely - brown roast beast, orange slices, and green beans with garlic. Gary had a jar salad with his dinner. | Here's the blueberry shake. Behind it to the left is the sauerkraut, directly behind is more ghee working up, and to the right is the beef roast. |
Oh, I didn't have an immersion blender for making homemade mayo. I had tried twice yesterday in the Vitamix, first using flaxseed for the eggs and 2nd using Egg replace stuff. Bomb. I read that an immersion blender is a handy tool for making this stuff, so I posted a shout-out to my FaceBook peeps to see who would let me borrow one. Harold, our next door neighbor, had one, and brought it over. Bless him. Now, when I rest a bit, I may try again.Ended the day with a short walk over to campus.
Here is the Kale Chip Recipe. When I do it again, I will probably bake it just a tad less long. This is from http://nourishingmeals.com







No comments:
Post a Comment