Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My New Favorite Pizza

Stove Top Pizza
Slid right out of the skillet.

1 heaping cup GF flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp yeast
pinch salt
1 tsp honey
2/3 c warm water

Mix in a skillet. I used a 10 inch, but if you use a bigger one, the crust will just be thinner. Spread out and cover with favorite toppings. I used:
1. tomato sauce straight out of the can. A little can is enough for several pizzas
2. oregano, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, etc., to taste
3. cut up onions
4. cut up olives
5. cut up zucchini
6. leftover potato, sliced
7. pepperoni
8. parmesan and cheddar cheese

Coke 5 minutes with lid tightly closed. Then cook 10 minutes more, vented. I heated up the skillet to medium high, then turn it to medium low for the rest.

I've done this in the oven, too. I didn't have yeast at the time, and the crust was deliciously crisp, like a cracker. Oven 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.

No comments: