THESE are WONDERFUL
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- In the bowl of a mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, adding the xanthan gum last. . Mix using the dough hook of an electric mixer.
- Mix for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times. You do not knead this like a regular bread dough, but it does need mixed well and I have found about 5 minutes is a good time.
- Scoop onto a greased cookie sheet. The dough is a wet dough, so I found that using a large ice cream scoop works best for this. This makes 12-15 rolls. (my ice cream scoop must have been bigger because I had to use two cookie pans - my big one and my normal sized one)
- Cover rolls loosely with a kitchen towel and let rise for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy!
Do NoT DOUBLE
Just to remind myself - start all ingredients at room temperature. The only thing I put in straight from the freezer was the yeast.
I got this recipe from http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2012/10/light-and-fluffy-gluten-free-dinner-roll.html
No comments:
Post a Comment