Breakfast: 3 Bear's Oatmeal
Lunch: Me a shake, Coconut wrap for Gary
Dinner: Butter chicken, grilled onions and zucchini, cherries, peaches, tomatoes, apple salad
Gary walked four more miles this morning, while I tried Harold's immersion blender one more time. This time, success, but it doesn't really taste like mayonnaise. It will do, but I have one more recipe I want to try before I give Harold back his blender. I used what I made today to make an apple salad for supper tonight. Recipe below. I put Butter chicken in the crockpot for supper. This is a recipe I'm NOT going to keep. There were too many weird spices in it and it tasted that way.
Worked in the yard today cutting down little trees, pulling honeysuckle off of big trees, and spraying poison ivy. That's more work than it sounds like. We sat down for a breather and Gary went up to get us a cold bottle of water, and it wasn't really very cold. Turns out the refrigerator is starting to go on the blink.
Thanks goodness Brian has a refrigerator downstairs. I put some things in it and totally packed the big freezer. Darrell Boles is going to come out tomorrow from Lafollette to fix it for us. He is an awesome service man who will call back after hours.
On a bright note, my lilies and garden are looking good after the little rain we had yesterday.
Lunch: Me a shake, Coconut wrap for Gary
Dinner: Butter chicken, grilled onions and zucchini, cherries, peaches, tomatoes, apple salad
| My dinner | Gary's dinner |
Worked in the yard today cutting down little trees, pulling honeysuckle off of big trees, and spraying poison ivy. That's more work than it sounds like. We sat down for a breather and Gary went up to get us a cold bottle of water, and it wasn't really very cold. Turns out the refrigerator is starting to go on the blink.
Thanks goodness Brian has a refrigerator downstairs. I put some things in it and totally packed the big freezer. Darrell Boles is going to come out tomorrow from Lafollette to fix it for us. He is an awesome service man who will call back after hours.
On a bright note, my lilies and garden are looking good after the little rain we had yesterday.
| Carrot blooms look like Queen Anne's Lace! | Blueberries are about to come on. | ||
| The yarrow went wild this year. | Black-eyed Susans peeking out from under Forsythia | ||
| Lilies are just beautiful. They must like dry weather. | We got these from Wes Green. He grew them from seed. | ||
| Cashew Mayonnaise 1/2 cup coconut milk 1/2 cup coconut oil 1/4 cup raw cashews 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp turmeric 2 T olive oil 3.5 T apple cider vinegar |
1. Blend milk, coconut oil, cashews, salt and turmeric on high 1-2 min. until smooth and creamy. 2. With blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar. Continue to blend for another minute until oil is nicely emulsified. 3. Refrigerate 2 hours before using. |








No comments:
Post a Comment