Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Our Virgin Adventure - Day 7

Breakfast: Shake (I tried cranberries in mine - pretty sour)
Lunch: Wrap with grilled chicken and veggies
Dinner: Leftover spaghetti sauce with beans and green beans added, spooned over spaghetti squash, with strawberries and cherries

SEVEN days! We made it seven days. And Gary even went out and walked on the track for 4 miles today. So proud of him! While he was gone, I cleaned house which I hadn't done in over a month. Lots of dust everywhere.

Taught my first EDOL548 Internet class tonight and it went well. I do love teaching those classes.

Also canned the beans I picked yesterday and got 8 more pints. That may be all I get, although it did rain a little bit this evening.

I tried Harold's immersion blender with that mayo recipe and it still flopped. Mad that I have wasted a cup and a half of good olive oil.

Spaghetti Squash is easy. I cooked half of about an 8 inch squash.
Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
Lay cut-side down on an oiled pan.
Bake 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Scoop out the spaghetti, sprinkle with ghee.

Spaghetti Sauce 
1 big can of Aldi's organic diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
Shredded or chopped zucchini, carrot, onion, garlic, and spinach
Fresh chopped basil (couple of TB)
Salt, stevia, oregano and pepper to taste
Water as needed

I cooked the onion and garlic in olive oil for just a bit before I added to the pot. That was yesterday's pasta sauce.  For tonight's topping I added 1/2 can of mixed beans and some green beans from the garden and warmed it all up. YUM.

No comments: