Breakfast: Three Bears Oatmeal
Lunch: Ruby Tuesday - same thing we had before
Dinner: Gary had a stuffed portobello mushroom and I had stir fry veggies and mushroom, black beans, blueberry crumble
Went to Somerset today for Gary's allergy doctor shot. We were a bit early, so stopped at the health food store and got some more brown rice noodles. I love shopping in Somerset on Wednesdays - we get the senior 10% discount at the health food store, and there is usually a farmers market at the mall. We stopped there too and got some zucchini, a pepper and red onions.
Once home, I knew beans needed picking and so did the blueberries. I also found two nice zucchini so I didn't really need to buy any.
We finished the day with a longer walk over to campus. Beautiful, cool day for July.
Lunch: Ruby Tuesday - same thing we had before
Dinner: Gary had a stuffed portobello mushroom and I had stir fry veggies and mushroom, black beans, blueberry crumble
| Gary's Ruby Tuesday salad looked yummy. |
His spaghetti squash and bourbon-glazed chicken.
|
| Stuffed portobello- I put shrimp, spinach, onion, a little pepper, and ground up a brown rice tortilla to sprinkle on top. Put a little ghee on that and baked it. |
My stir-fry with shrimp and mushroom.
|
|
|
The blueberry crumble that I forgot to take a picture of. Good! Recipe below. |
Went to Somerset today for Gary's allergy doctor shot. We were a bit early, so stopped at the health food store and got some more brown rice noodles. I love shopping in Somerset on Wednesdays - we get the senior 10% discount at the health food store, and there is usually a farmers market at the mall. We stopped there too and got some zucchini, a pepper and red onions.
Once home, I knew beans needed picking and so did the blueberries. I also found two nice zucchini so I didn't really need to buy any.
We finished the day with a longer walk over to campus. Beautiful, cool day for July.
Fresh Blueberry Crumble (I made half this and put it in two ramekins (square ones) 8 servings 2 pts fresh blueberries juice of one lemon 1 cup almond meal/flour 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil 2 T maple syrup 1/4 tsp cinnamon 2 pinches sea salt |
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 2. Put blueberries in 9x9 inch baking dish. Squeeze juice from half the lemon over, toss slightly to coat. 3. In mixing bowl, combine almond meal, nuts, butter, lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. 4. Spread topping evenly over berries, and bake until fruit is well-cooked/bubbly and the topping is golden brown (appox. 30-40 minutes - I did 30 min) Note: I also throw on a handful of oatmeal, and some monk fruit abd or brown sugar. |






No comments:
Post a Comment