Today Jack is with us. For breakfast he had blueberries, Strawberries, and a smoothie.
Breakfast: Shake
Lunch: Coconut wrap for Gary, Zucchini slices and carrot sticks with hummus, Ham, and Turkey slices
Dinner: Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad for Gary, leftover green beans, cabbage, and kale for me and Jack. Oatmeal crackers.
Jack was so good for me today. We went to the farmer's market and then Walmart to get a few things for him to eat and to get school supplies for my Christmas boxes. I was able to try a recipe for rice wraps (pretty well a flop) and one for oatmeal/almond flour crackers. The crackers were pretty good. We are eating lunch type meat with nitrites and nitrates, sadly. It's so very difficult to find anything else, at least here in Williamsburg.
Also used Harold's immersion blender for another mayo recipe and this one will do. I also used it to make hummus. That recipe worked it pretty hard, so next time I think I'll just make the hummus in the Vitamix. Recipes below.
Jack and I finished off the day with a walk to campus. We almost got thrown in the pokey, as I let him get in the fountain and walk around. It was really pretty today with the sunlight shining on the top of the spray.
Coconut Milk MayoBreakfast: Shake
Lunch: Coconut wrap for Gary, Zucchini slices and carrot sticks with hummus, Ham, and Turkey slices
Dinner: Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad for Gary, leftover green beans, cabbage, and kale for me and Jack. Oatmeal crackers.
Jack was so good for me today. We went to the farmer's market and then Walmart to get a few things for him to eat and to get school supplies for my Christmas boxes. I was able to try a recipe for rice wraps (pretty well a flop) and one for oatmeal/almond flour crackers. The crackers were pretty good. We are eating lunch type meat with nitrites and nitrates, sadly. It's so very difficult to find anything else, at least here in Williamsburg.
| Lunch! | Oatmeal/almond flour crackers. Jack helped me cut them out. |
| Watching Chicken Run while I fix dinner. | Full moon last night. |
Also used Harold's immersion blender for another mayo recipe and this one will do. I also used it to make hummus. That recipe worked it pretty hard, so next time I think I'll just make the hummus in the Vitamix. Recipes below.
Jack and I finished off the day with a walk to campus. We almost got thrown in the pokey, as I let him get in the fountain and walk around. It was really pretty today with the sunlight shining on the top of the spray.
1/3 cup COLD coconut milk (in carton)
¾ tsp lemon
1 garlic (use less garlic, 1 is too much)
1/8 tsp white pepper
¾ c oil (less oil, and don’t use olive oil)
salt
Use immersion blender. Add all except oil and salt and
blend. Blend for 1 min at a time, adding oil in small stream. Could take 5 to
20 minutes. (Mine didn't take that long.)
Gluten-free crackers
1 cup flour - use any
type wheat free - (I used oat and almond)
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tb olive oil or coconut oil or grapeseed oil
1-2 tsp seasonings
3-4 Tb water
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tb olive oil or coconut oil or grapeseed oil
1-2 tsp seasonings
3-4 Tb water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In food processor or by hand mix flour, salt, oil and seasonings.
Add 3-4 Tb water - start with 3 and whirl or work in and add more as needed to form a ball.
Remove dough and roll out on well floured surface using same flour as in mix.
Transfer to baking sheet or pizza stone and bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees
Once they are nicely browned, cool and break into pieces. One serving is 1/4 of the recipe.
Try brown rice and white rice flour (1/2 cup each) and add some Italian spices to the mix before mixing. Try basil, oregano, granulated onion - about 1/2 tsp each.
Have fun with it and as long as it balls up nicely you've got a winner!
Number of Servings: 4
In food processor or by hand mix flour, salt, oil and seasonings.
Add 3-4 Tb water - start with 3 and whirl or work in and add more as needed to form a ball.
Remove dough and roll out on well floured surface using same flour as in mix.
Transfer to baking sheet or pizza stone and bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees
Once they are nicely browned, cool and break into pieces. One serving is 1/4 of the recipe.
Try brown rice and white rice flour (1/2 cup each) and add some Italian spices to the mix before mixing. Try basil, oregano, granulated onion - about 1/2 tsp each.
Have fun with it and as long as it balls up nicely you've got a winner!
Number of Servings: 4
one can of chickpeas
five tablespoons of tahini
three tablespoons of olive oil
1-2 TB lemon juice
1-2 cloves of garlic
three tablespoons of olive oil
1-2 TB lemon juice
1-2 cloves of garlic
1/2 a tsp of sea salt (too much)
1/4 cup of reserved liquid from chickpeas
1/4 cup of reserved liquid from chickpeas






No comments:
Post a Comment