Friday, April 18, 2014

Terry Schapper’s Baked Beans



This is from my niece, Kathy - Terry is her buddy. We had these for my sister Sandy's 50th anniversary dinner - Wowza!

1 16 oz can lima beans
2 16 oz cans butter beans
1 16 oz can B&M baked beans
1 16 oz can kidney beans
4 white onions
2 lb bacon, fried and chopped
2 c brown sugar
½ c apple cider vinegar
2 T yellow mustard
1 T garlic salt
pepper to taste

Put beans (except baked beans) in strainer to reduce liquid
Fry bacon, pour off half grease (we poured more off) and sauté quartered onions (I eighthed them) until tender. Add sugar, beans, vinegar, mustard and seasonings with bacon. Crock pot low for 4 hours or oven 250 for 4 hours. Even better the next day.

Notes: I only used 1 cup of brown sugar and I think I forgot to put the mustard in. I didn’t use that much bacon, either – maybe ½ to ¾ of a pound.

No comments: