Friday, April 18, 2014

Lee's Potatoes



1 (32 oz.) pkg. frozen hashed brown potatoes
(all I could find was a 30 oz., worked fine)
½ cup chopped onion  (I used a whole small onion)
2 cups sour cream
½ cup melted butter, optional
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used one big family sized can, worked fine)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cracker crumbs or cornflake crumbs
(I used two sleeves of townhouse, but probably one sleeve would have been enough)
Additional Melted butter.

Combine potatoes, onion, sour cream, ½ cup butter, soup, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl (very large).  Mix well.  Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking dish (mine was larger).  Top with cracker crumbs.  Drizzle with additional butter.  Bake at 350F for 1 hour

May omit 1 can of soup or substitute 1 can cream of mushroom soup for 1 can of cream of chicken soup if preferred.

See why it was so good:     :)  from my son, Lee

No comments: