Thursday, February 13, 2014

Zucchini Bread

Grace Day’s Zucchini Bread

 Grace was one of the first persons I met at Harrogate First Baptist Church when I was a very, very new wife and mother. She invited me over one day to pick up a loaf of bread that she had made for us. She baked bread very often because it helped her arthritic hands to feel better. I loved this lady dearly and I bet she is baking bread for God in Heaven to this day! This recipe of hers is one I have made many, many times.

325 degree oven for 1 hour for two loaf pans

3 eggs
2 C sugar
1 C vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 C flour
3 C shredded zucchini
1 C nuts

(Sometimes when I make this I use a little less sugar and oil, and about ½ C oatmeal for part of the flour.)

Line bottoms of pans with waxed paper. Mix eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat ½ minute at low speed, then 1 minute at medium speed. Stir in dry ingredients, zucchini, and nuts. Bake. May be wrapped in foil and frozen. Makes nice cream cheese sandwiches.


Today (10.19.15) I adapted this gluten free. Oh. My. Goodness! I did not have enough zucchini, so I used:
1 cup zucchini
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups GF flour (each heaping)
1 cup mix of sugar and monk fruit
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 T cinnamon
1/2 tsp each soda and baking powder
handful of chopped pecans
1 loaf pan


No comments: