Hubby calls these a Sin and a Heart Attack on a Plate!
Thanks to the ladies of First Baptist Church in Barbourville for this recipe. They served these at the Beth Moore Living Proof Simulcast today, and I fixed them tonight to try them out before I take them to Sunday School in the morning. Bon Appetite!
1. Cut crusts off a loaf of white bread
2. Use a rolling pin and roll each piece of bread flat
3. Mix 8 oz room temperature cream cheese with 1 cup sugar (I used only a heaping 1/2 cup, since my hubby is diabetic - :-O )
4. Melt approximately 1/2 stick butter in a flat dish
5. Mix about 1/2 cup sugar and 3/4 to 1 tsp cinnamon in another flat dish
6. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto a slice of bread; roll the bread like a jelly roll; place on a cookie sheet. I did this for all the bread first.
7. Roll each bread roll in butter and then in cinnamon sugar, place on a cookie sheet, not touching. Freeze for at least 1/2 hour.
8. Heat oven to 350 degrees
9. Remove blintzes from freezer and cut into two logs each. Bake 15 minutes.
I baked four of these to try them out. Good!! The rest are in the freezer to bake in the morning.
Thanks to the ladies of First Baptist Church in Barbourville for this recipe. They served these at the Beth Moore Living Proof Simulcast today, and I fixed them tonight to try them out before I take them to Sunday School in the morning. Bon Appetite!
1. Cut crusts off a loaf of white bread
2. Use a rolling pin and roll each piece of bread flat
3. Mix 8 oz room temperature cream cheese with 1 cup sugar (I used only a heaping 1/2 cup, since my hubby is diabetic - :-O )
4. Melt approximately 1/2 stick butter in a flat dish
5. Mix about 1/2 cup sugar and 3/4 to 1 tsp cinnamon in another flat dish
6. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto a slice of bread; roll the bread like a jelly roll; place on a cookie sheet. I did this for all the bread first.
7. Roll each bread roll in butter and then in cinnamon sugar, place on a cookie sheet, not touching. Freeze for at least 1/2 hour.
8. Heat oven to 350 degrees
9. Remove blintzes from freezer and cut into two logs each. Bake 15 minutes.
I baked four of these to try them out. Good!! The rest are in the freezer to bake in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment