Ever since the President's dinner last fall I've been looking for a bread pudding recipe that comes close. I made myself sick eating it!! I have found one that is pretty close - from allrecipes.com
Pretty Close to Perfect Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Servings: 12
"Milky and sweet, this delightful bread pudding gets drenched in a creamy vanilla-laced sauce. Serve warm."
INGREDIENTS:
3 cups bread cubes (I think I had more than that)
4 cups scalded milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Sauce:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used fat-free half & half)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. Butter an 8x8 inch glass baking dish. (I used two casseroles a little smaller than 8x8. Soak bread in hot milk for five minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, salt (I omitted this), eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour into the baking dish.
3. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
4. While pudding cools, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large saucepan. While stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and stir 3 minutes more. Spoon over warm bread pudding. (I felt like it was too thin so I added just a pinch of cornstarch.)
Pretty Close to Perfect Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Servings: 12
"Milky and sweet, this delightful bread pudding gets drenched in a creamy vanilla-laced sauce. Serve warm."
INGREDIENTS:
3 cups bread cubes (I think I had more than that)
4 cups scalded milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Sauce:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used fat-free half & half)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. Butter an 8x8 inch glass baking dish. (I used two casseroles a little smaller than 8x8. Soak bread in hot milk for five minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, salt (I omitted this), eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour into the baking dish.
3. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
4. While pudding cools, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large saucepan. While stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and stir 3 minutes more. Spoon over warm bread pudding. (I felt like it was too thin so I added just a pinch of cornstarch.)
No comments:
Post a Comment