Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Crockpot Curry

I never thought I would make a curry dish. Never. Walking into an Indian restaurant always made me ill. But today, I tried this and it was fabulous! I am a new curry fan.
 2 or 3 chicken breasts or thighs, chopped
2 or 3 potatoes, chopped (going to try sweet potatoes today)
2 cups chicken broth
2 c or one can coconut milk
2 T or more curry
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1-2 T tapioca starch

The recipe I found called for an onion and some red peppers, but I did not use those. I did cook peas and rice to go with it.
1.  In crock, mix broth and spices. Mix in chicken and potatoes and stir.
2. Cook and n high 2-3 hrs, or low 4-5 hours.
3. 15 minutes before serving, pour in coconut milk.
However, I would put coconut milk in a pan and heat it. Mix tapioca starch in a small bowl with water and add to coconut milk. When thick, pour into crock and mix.

No comments: