Tuesday, May 05, 2015

One Minute Oatmeal Bread

1/4 cup quick oats
1 T brown rice flour (or other)
1 egg white (I used whole egg and more flour)
1 tsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon

In medium, microwave safe mixing bowl, mix all ingredients
Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the bowl.
Zap 1 minute.

This was not bad. I think next time I will try them as flapjacks so I can make them thinner and use them as a sandwich. This was way more that I needed to eat at one sitting.


Today I tried these using 2 T oats, 2 T flour, 1/2 egg and 1 tsp of coconut yogurt. I think I could have used the whole egg and made it a bit thinner. Still looking for the ability to roll it up. This is very tasty, though, and I feel like it contains both the goodness of oats and protein from the egg.

This morning (4.22.16) I mixed this right in my stone skillet and I like this even better. 2 T oats, scant 2 T flour, 1 egg, squirt of stevia, pinch salt, pinch cinnamon, 1 T coconut oil. Very tasty and it slid right out of the pan. Love that skillet!

No comments: