Makes one loaf (I slice this and freeze in small portions, in order to take out a slice and toast.)
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- In the bowl of a mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, adding the xanthan gum last. Mix using the dough hook of an electric mixer.
- Mix for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times. You do not knead this like a regular bread dough, but it does need mixed well and I have found about 5 minutes is a good time.
- Spread dough into a greased loaf pan. (I used 5x9 approx - grease the fool out of it)
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Letting it rise between two crockpots works wonders!
- Bake at 375 for 30 – 32 minutes. Took a bit longer - I was going for 206 degrees and only got to 200.
- Remove from oven and bread pan. Let cool if you can. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2011 Lynn's Kitchen Adventures. All rights reserved.