Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pecan Apple Tart

From The Wheat Belly Cookbook.
Made this while in Florida so I had to substitute/leave out some ingredients. No cinnamon or nutmeg. Apples, peaches and pears instead of just apples. The pecan crust also had cashews, almonds and a macadamia or two. I wasn't sure about the stevia, since I had packets, so I threw in some coconut sugar. The 3/4 cup of butter seemed like an awful lot, and it was really too much. (Maybe that's why it was SO GOOD.) Next time I'll go for only 1/2 cup.
Crust
1.5 cups pecans
1/2 C Stevia in the Raw -(I used 4 packets and about 1/4 cup coconut sugar)
1 tsp cinamon
1 tsp nutmeg
3/4 C butter (Next time I'll only use 1/2 Cup)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla

Filling
4 sliced apples
1 tsp cinnamon
2 T Stevia (I think I used 3 or 4 packages)
1/2 tsp salt (I did not use this)
2 T butter

In the food processor, chop nuts, then add stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, melted butter, egg and vanilla. Press into a 9 inch pie pan (I used a deep dish and it did not run over). Toss fruit with cinnamon, stevia, salt and melted butter. (I just dotted the top with butter.) Pour over the crust and bake 30 minutes at 325 degrees.

No comments: