Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ivadean’s Peanut Butter Roll


Ok, I have never made this particular recipe myself, but I would be remiss not to share this with my children. They (we) love their Grannie's peanut butter roll and she makes it every year at Christmas for us.
White Part
Boil to thread stage
3 c sugar (or 2 c white and 1 c light brown)
½ c white Karo syrup
2/3 c water

Beat 
 2 egg whites (room temp) beat stiff but not dry. 
Slowly pour hot syrup over whites, beat til holds peak and is creamy. 
Add 
1 tsp vanilla.

Peanut Butter Filling
2 c sugar
¾ c cream
bring to a full rolling boil and boil 5 min. remove from heat.
Add ¾ c peanut butter
1 t vanilla

I guess we're supposed to know what to do next! I'm going to guess to spread out the white part, spread the peanut butte part on and roll it up. Maybe refrigerate it and then cut. She wraps each piece in Saran Wrap. I'll ask her and then revise this post.

No comments: